Sunday, July 20, 2008

Altered Can





I was going to toss this almond can and then thought better of it and decided to alter it instead! I used the new Hero Arts clear stamps for the birdies and birdhouses and the background paper is Basic Grey Blush. I made the scallops with the circle cutter and then added Hero Arts clear sparkles to the centers. I cut the hilly grass freehand and then just used some green ink to highlight it a little. I sewed the flowers with buttons on the lid and added some more sparkles there too. All of the images are on dimensionals so that they really pop from the can. I coated the whole can with a light layer of glossy mod podge to give it a more finished look. This can was alot of fun to make! I've got an cylindrical powder drink mix container that I want to alter next!

5 comments:

naomi said...

This is so adorable! What do you plan on putting in it?

Wendy said...

Hmmm...what to put in it. I'm not really sure, maybe some embellishments that need a home or tiny scrap papers (I save the tiniest papers for use with diecuts!)

Catherine said...

WOW! great details on that cute can =)

Carol Dunstan said...

oh wow, this looks great!

Becca said...

This is adorable. The details are amazing. Great can.