Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chipboard Date Book





I've been slowly trying to break out of my "normal" creating box and trying different styles. I made this dates to remember book with bright colors in mind and lots of little elements. The book measures 3.5"x8" and I cut it out of chipboard. I used American Crafts, Rusty Pickle, My Mind's Eye and K&Co pp. I made the scalloped rectangle on the cover using my Provo Craft scallop scissors that I haven't touched in years! The dates type is QK Fiesta (I love that type!) and in the lower right corner is a green Hambly screenprint. The little letter stickers are Provo Craft. I hand cut some flowers from a sheet of Me & My Big ideas paper and popped them up on dimensionals. I used my Cricut Mini Monograms cartridge to create the scalloped tabs for the pages and just used Microsoft Word to make the monthly date lists where I can keep track of birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

2 comments:

naomi said...

I absolutely love this!
I usually make calendars for Christmas gifts, but this date book is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS...I'm gonna do one for myself!! Thanks for the inspiration.