Monday, August 25, 2008

Caardvarks Music Theme Challenge





I created two cards for the Caardvarks music theme card challenge because I had two different ideas floating around in my head! The top card is inspired by that song, Rock Steady by Gwen Stefani and I made using Pink Paislee stamps that I stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black on Bazzill cs and then I cut out the components of each skull and popped them up on dimensionals. I free handed and cut out the arrow, traced it in white gel pen and also handcut the scallops at the bottom of the card. I even used some very old Making Memories rub-on letters and Quickutz Abigail. The pp is Cherry Arte. I made the bottom card using Chatterbox, American Crafts, and Scenic Route pp. The stamp is from Pink Paislee (formerly Pink.Sugar.Pop). The letter stickers are Basic Grey and the letter rubons are TLC Quik Letters. The red rhinestone is from a bag of assorted rhinestones that I bought. Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

naomi said...

Just when I think your last card you created was my favorite you come up with another great card! I love the cute skull stamps. Your work needs to get published in a magazine and I would love to flip through the magazine and see your card and yell out, "I KNOW HER!!!"

Nathalia Castellon said...

You did an excellent job with the Caardvark's Music Challenge. Love all the little details and layers of your card! Yummy! And thanks for visiting my blog. :)

SmilynStef said...

How cool ... love them both ... especially the first one.

Unknown said...

These are both really great, but that first one is totally awesome!

Catherine said...

both cards are just fabulous!

Jenyfur said...

wendy, you have a terrific blog - i love your funky-cool style. great cards for the varks challenge. :)